Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ugly, but tasty

That ugly, ugly pie was absolutely fantastic, by the way.

Now to make another one. Sigh.

I forgot to mention that our Thanksgiving meal (and our leftovers for the next three days, of course) include a jar of my raw cultured cranberry sauce. I think the recipe is on last year's blog. I'll dig it out and will provide a link...

Here it is:

http://mommajenskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-keep-forgetting-cranberry-relish-raw.html

This year's changes. I'm watching the lemon juice for Rain and there's no nuts for me. In general I'm trying to vary our foods as much as possible - I included the meat of one hachiya persimmon instead of pear, substituted one peeled orange for lemon juice, left off the raisins and the nuts and used a few drops of stevia. I also thought there was enough cinnamon in our meal, so I left that off, as well and let the taste of the persimmon come through more.

No comments: