Sunday, November 29, 2009

Three new recipes in one day!!! Coconut cream cheese!

Actually it has to do with deciding to stop dairy for a bit. We've gotten very used to having raw, cultured creamy goodness in our day and I just have to experiment a bit to find something as good.

So, our other option is coconut kefir, basically strained into cream cheese. It's quite good, a bit sweeter than cream and tangy. I'd like it a bit tangier, I guess. but it's surprisingly tasty. We'll give it a try tomorrow.

2 comments:

Zenseer said...

Sounds delicious.
Please let us know how it turns out!

Jennifer said...

It had a bit of a heavy flavor. I think, although I didn't try it yet, that a squirt of lime or lemon juice and then a whirl in a blender would make it perfect...still have to try it though.