Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hi everyone...

Wow. I've just discovered "stats" on the Blogger Dashboard and am completely surprised to find out how many people out there. Most of you are finding this blog through Google searches. It's fascinating to read about what people typed into their search engine. Just some of the many search terms:

  • "hypoallergenic desserts" (plenty here, depending on your allergies)
  • "is rice a disaccharide" (it's a grain, but does have lots of starch in it - very glycemic, too, from what I hear)
  • "lacto fermented mustard" (yum!)
  • "gaps desserts" (also yum!)
This blog started a while back when our little girl was an infant and I was alone in a barely functional kitchen trying to make food that didn't give us terrible reactions. From there I stumbled into more hypoallergenic ways to prepare food, discarded packaged ingredients, and started to get more creative with things. Then, in 2009 I saw a doctor who put me on the GAPS Diet, and Little Moo started a modified version of it. We moved into a better place with a great kitchen, which made life easier. Two and a half years later, both of us have clear skin, less toxicity, and good health all around. I'm still on GAPS although I go off of it occasionally in small ways. We can even go out to eat occasionally. (Roam Burgers - basic, fresh food, with gluten/dairy-free options and no soy or corn in the kitchen. They make great sweet potato and zucchini onion fries - the catch is that they coat them with rice flour before frying. I splurge a bit when I'm there...so far, so good, as long as I'm sure to drink my broth for the next day or so.)

I hope you enjoy your stay here...pull up a chair, grab a plate and serve yourself something. I'm also interested in hearing what kinds of creative ideas other folks are coming up with in their kitchens. 

Be well and enjoy!

2 comments:

Smurfette said...

Yes I found you cuz I googled Vivian Kushner. I finally tried your recipe for treating eczema. After so many other creams and lotions, the one you recommended worked. Thank you so much.

Jennifer said...

Glad to meet you again! I'm glad the lotion worked!