Friday, February 19, 2010

A Surprising Easy Everyday Lunch

Hey, GAPS people! Squash idea! Although I'm sure it's been done before. I've always avoided it because it takes so long to prepare. It's also a bit testy on the digestive tract for me, but this version is bathed in good fats. The ghee and coconut butter formed a kind of creamy sauce, which is very tasty and seems to be acting a bit more kindly going down.

So, I peeled a whole delicata squash, scooped out the seeds, and cut it up into about 1/2" squares. I steamed it for 8 minutes in a metal steamer. Then I added about 2 teaspoons of ghee and one of coconut butter.

Super delicious - and the one issue, for me is that it's a bit low on protein. But then, we don't have the butter, nut or egg options and we're between batches of soup and meat.


No comments: