Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kale Chips, part 2


It took about 45 minutes all told. I used too much salt, I think, (I adjusted it for the recipe below) but it's still delicious, even salty. You may prefer to use less oil than I did.

Kale Chips

Ingredients

1 head of kale, de-ribbed, well washed and dried
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Salt and thoroughly oil the kale leaves. Spread on a big cookie sheet or pan with enough of a rim that the oil won't drip off. Bake until done, or about 45 minutes, stirring and turning after each 10 or so.

Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! i want to try this. i'm so glad i found your food blog. i could use some new insights and ideas :)

Jennifer said...

So glad you found it. Welcome. I look forward to hearing your cooking experiences!

The one thing I found in our case - and we have delicate digestions as far as veggies go - is that if the kale was wet when it went in the oven, so that it steamed a bit and cooked down before it dried, it was a kinder and friendlier eating experience. Presteaming would probably work, too. I think someone who can solidly digest raw veggies wouldn't have that kind of problem.